OPTICAL ENGINEERS • PRODUCT ENGINEERS • ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS SOFTWARE ENGINEERS • PROGRAMMERS • BOARD DESIGNERS
Creative MicroSystems Corporation [CMC] is a unique company that develops innovative custom solutions, progressing rapidly from idea/problem to practical devices, using unique facilities specifically assembled for the rapid creation and implementation of advanced technologies.
Our expertise in electrooptics, lasers, microlithography, exotic materials, material science, microelectronics and biology allows us to apply multi-disciplinary approaches to solving problems that often result in unique, technologically significant solutions and valuable IP.
Our 13,000 square foot facility has extensive capabilities for optics development, advanced lithography, high resolution imaging, surface characterization, custom coating, binary and analog patterning, wet and dry processing and 3,000 square feet of Class 10/100/1000 clean rooms for the development and production of defect sensitive micro and nano devices.
CMC is looking for individuals motivated to become key members of our team that continually expands the bounds of microfabrication and nanotechnology.
Current Job Openings include:
CMC seeks a team member in a pivotal role of Product Engineer. The ideal candidate is someone with “prototype to production” experience in designing and building compact electronics products that incorporate a display in space-constrained form factors similar to what you might find in portable electronics or automotive. The immediate need is in support of a heads-up-display product scheduled to be in production by 2020.
This critical role includes the design, development and exploitation of advanced imaging, physical optics and simulation techniques. We are seeking self-starting talent that can demonstrate perseverance in attacking tough challenges and will maintain a positive attitude throughout the process of creating the next generation of technology, in both solitary and dynamic, multidisciplinary team environments. A strong portfolio of prototype-to-production designs, prototypes and commercial products will allow the CMC team to visualize how your contributions will fit into our current efforts for breakthrough technology development.
This position requires a full-time commitment in Vermont with some travel through the year.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- B.S., M.S., or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Optical Systems Engineering.
- Productization and commercialization experience including the market introduction phase
Optimal Job Requirement:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in development, testing and integration
- Deep and focused development on compact electronic systems
- Prototype design, assembly and troubleshooting
- Miniaturization of products
- New process and product development in one or more of the following:
- Augmented Reality
- Advanced Vision Systems
- Information processing and displays
- Flexible technical management on projects incorporating:
- Iterative prototype design and production management
- Manufacturing development
Desired Skills or Additional Interests:
- Fluid and agile problem-solving with ability to manifest complex concepts
- Complementary skills encompassing in-depth technological knowledge, management of multi-tiered processes and budgetary commercialization strategies
- Understanding of the display marketplace
- Supply chain management and utilization
Optics: diffractive optics, LEDs, lasers, fiber optics, microscopy, imaging systems and lithography, involving the entire spectrum.
- Proficiency in optical modeling software (ZEMAX or OSLO)
- Proficiency in RCWA techniques
Electrical: with one or more of the following skills:
- Circuit design and board layout (analog and digital)
- Prototype design/assembly and troubleshooting
- Micro-controller/embedded system design and programming
- FPGA development
- RF design and communication protocols experience a plus
Software: with one or more of the following skills:
- C++ on Windows, Linux or Android
- Open GL or similar graphics experience
- Data and processing parallelization methods and techniques
- Embedded hardware experience a plus
We’re looking for applicants at all levels of education & experience.
Send resume and letter of interest to: HR@creativemicro.com and/or send us a note below.