The ideal candidate possesses ‘concept to product’ experience in designing and building electro-optical displays in space-constrained form factors similar to what you might find in portable electronics or automotive displays. The immediate need is in support of augmented reality and heads-up display products.
This pivotal role synthesizes years of research into a market-ready product. We are seeking motivated talent that attacks tough challenges of design and implementation with enthusiasm. We utilize both dynamic, multidisciplinary team environments as well as individual effort to create the next generation of technology in advanced personal displays. A strong portfolio of optical designs, prototypes and commercial products will allow the CMC team to visualize how your contributions will fit into our current efforts for breakthrough products.
This full-time position requires a minimum half-time commitment in Vermont with some travel through the year.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- M.S., or PhD degree in Optics, Physics or Optical Systems Engineering.
Optimal Job Requirement:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in conceptualization, design, development, testing and integration of advanced optical systems
- Deep and focused development in advanced imaging, augmented reality, holography, compact electronics
- Focus on imaging systems, lens design, modeling, microscopy, lithography, diffractive optics & lasers
- Extensive experience in: diffractive optics, LEDs, lasers, fiber optics, microscopy, imaging systems and lithography, involving the entire spectrum.
- Proficiency in optical modeling software (ZEMAX or OSLO)
- Proficiency in RCWA technique
- Fluid and agile problem-solving with ability to manifest complex concepts
Desired Skills or Additional Interests:
- New process development in one or more of the following:
- Augmented Reality
- Advanced Vision Systems
- Information processing and displays
- Flexible technical skill on projects incorporating:
- Miniaturization & ruggedization
- Prototype design, assembly and troubleshooting
Send resume and letter of interest to: HR@creativemicro.com and/or send us a note below.